New Jersey Pedestrian Accident
Crossing the street is a routine part of our daily lives but rarely do we give a second thought to the any danger. Yet the simple act of walking or crossing a street tragically ends in over 4,000 being killed and over 70,000 injured every year.
Determining who is at fault in pedestrian accident cass can be challenging. Many factors must be taken into account, including whether the pedestrian or motor vehicle were paying attention and could have avoided the accident.
If You’re Involved in a Pedestrian Accident
- Call the police immediately
- Don’t leave the scene of the accident before help arrives
- Seek Medical Care
- Keep detailed information of your injuries
- Take pictures of your injuries and the scene of the accident
- Gather names and phone numbers of any witnesses
- Don’t make any detailed statements to the driver and insurance companies.
- Contact a pedestrian accident personal injury lawyer
If a pedestrian is injured due to the negligence, carelessness, or recklessness of a person behind the wheel, they reserve the right to compensation for medical expenses, emotional distresses, lost wages and physical pain that may occur as a result.